Cross-linking Solution For Keratoconus and Lasik Xtra® Patients
The KXL System has been designed by an experienced team of scientists and engineers with a special focus on patient safety and comfort. The most innovative, advanced device of its kind, the KXL System features:
- Advanced technology enabling a fast procedure
- Superior precision for improved procedure accuracy
- State-of-the-art delivery system customized for integration with LASIK procedures
- Enhanced mobility for increased ease of use and patient comfort
Over 80,000 eyes have been successfully treated with Lasik Xtra around the world using the KXL System.
Description of The Avedro KXL system
- A system to strengthen the weakened cornea by ultraviolet light induced cross-linking with riboflavin.
- Builds on established principles which have been in use with older machines for almost 10 years.
- Improvements include much shorter duration of treatment, better precision with more consistent treatment effect and better safety.
- Stabilises conditions like keratoconus and corneal ectasia.
- When combined with laser PRK to smoothen the cornea in early/mild cases of keratoconus, improvement in visual quality is possible.
- Adds a higher level of safety to LASIK in patients with high spectacle powers and pre-existing thin corneas.